Crafty Things

Photobucket

I did not have the best week as far as crafts go!  I tried out a new style of apron and while the first one turned out cute, the next two I tried were a disaster.  All I can say is that I never want to work with 1/4" double seam binding again.  I'd sew it up and the material kept slipping out.  I was so frustrated after two days of this that I gave up!

Here is the one apron that I completed.  I love this style, but again, it took so long to make I don't think I'd make enough money on it for it to be worth my while!

Photobucket

Another thing I made was a bunch of little tea totes.  They are little fabric holders to carry your tea bags in your purse.  A friend had given me one for Christmas and I thought they would make a neat item to take to craft fairs.  I put together 11 of these.

Photobucket

Each one fits 2-3 tea bags.  They still need the snaps or buttons, depending what I decide to do, but I thought they turned out cute.

Photobucket


Now is your chance to share.  If you've been working on a craft item - sewing project, knitting, crochet, paper projects or anything else crafty, link up and share your blog post. The only thing I ask is that you link back to my blog.  You can use the "Crafty Things" button if you desire.  Also, when you link up, please put in the URL of  your craft post from today, not just your general blog URL.  It will make it easier for people who really just want to see the craft post. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been creating!


Comments

  1. You amaze me. Tea totes! How adoreable is that!!! Can I buy one when I come and speak at your church? I go nowhere without my tea bags and the sandwhich wrapper won't cut it anymore.

    Love you, Terri. God has gifted you in amazing ways. Be amazed by Him today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea totes! How adoreable is that!!! I go no where without my tea bags and plastic sandwhich wraps won't cut it now. Can I please buy a tea tote when I come speak at your church? Thanks.

    You are an amazing lady, Terri, serving an awesome God. He has gifted you in so many way.

    Hugs,
    Elaine W. Miller
    www.SplashesofSerenity.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that apron may have been a pain to make, but it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That apron is adorable!! I cannot create anything so I have no link up, but I love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little tea bags are very cute! nicely done, Terri.

    I added onto your link-up. It's not really a craft post about what I've been making... more about what I'd "like" to be making. Hope that's ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I can't link up to you because I don't have a blog but I thought I would tell you what I have been up to this week. The Ladies Spring Tea is coming up on April 28th at our Church so that is keeping me busy. Also, on May 6th our Church is having a big celebration and I am making the decorations for that. I have made 70 party poppers so far and lots more to go. Plus, I want to make some flag banners with some verses from Isaiah 62:10. (Give me paper, glue and scissors and I am a happy girl.)

    Your apron and tea totes are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    Love you,
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do understand about the binding, but the apron is BEAUTIFUL! And I love the tea totes too! I do love small projects and all the pretty fabrics.

    Nothing fancy for me this week, but I love the motivation that this gives me!

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri, this new style of Apron is adorable and I like it better than the other though I liked them as well, I just like this one better. The secret to using 1/4" binding is to sew it very carefully. It is not something that one can wizz through but maybe you could use 1/2" even though the pattern may call for 1/4"...the only difference is that you would be taking up a little more of the material but I think that would be better.

    I love the little tea purses. They are so cute. You could close them with velcro. I think that would work wonderfully.

    I love all your crafting. Crafts give you a sense of accomplishment. I use to like to do crewel. Talk about things taking a long time. I liked to do big pictures that would take me 6 months to finish because I could only work on them in the evening because I worked but they were the only "pictures" that I could afford for my walls other than family photos.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the apron! I wish I were more crafty, but I enjoy looking at others' work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that apron is super cute too! I would probably use wider bias tape. Surely they would get easier to make with time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terri, I was thinking the same thing as the last person who commented. Aprons like this would get easier to make with time. :-)

    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.